1. You will need to first add the domain to your cPanel account.
2. Login to your server via SSH.
3. Edit the virtual host file located at: /var/cpanel/useradata/username/addondomain.maindoman.com
3A. First you must locate the line with the current IP address and edit this to your desired dedicated IP address
3B. Save your file without changing anything else.
4. Now run /usr/local/cpanel/bin/build_apache_conf
5. Login into WHM and navigate to Main >> DNS Functions >> Edit DNS Zone
6. Select your desired domain name here and click edit.
7. Update your A records now to the new IP address and click save.
8. Next in WHM go to Main >> IP Functions >> Show/Edit Reserved IPs.
9. Now reserve the IP you just used so that no new accounts can use this IP address in the future.
10. Lastly and finally, it is recommended that you restart both Apache and the DNS server.
- Browse All
- Budget Hosting
- Unlimited Hosting
- Reseller Hosting
- Word Press Hosting
- Windows Shared Hosting
- Windows Reseller Hosting
- Unlimited Plesk Hosting Windows
- Virtual Private Server (VPS)
- Virtual Private Server (VPS) RDP windows Server and Plesk
- Dedicated Servers
- Cpanel Licenses
- Plesk License
- Other Licenses
- Domain Reseller
- Services & Solutions
- Bitdefender Anti Virus
- Blesta Control Panel
- Website Security
- E-mail Services
- SSL Certificates
- Professional Email
- Register a New Domain
- Transfer Domains to Us
- Network Status
- Contact Us
- Cloud Hosting